There is no audition to join the choir however, it is sometimes necessary to have a selection processwhere we prioritise based on what section of the choir needs additional members the most. We do this in order to ensure that the choir has a well balanced sound for performances and recordings.
In our rehearsals you will be taught proper vocal techique, warm ups, exercises and vocal health. We learn everything by ear and you will never be asked to sing on your own (unless of course you want to! )
Our main aim is primarily to have fun and meet other people who like to sing BUT we are also a performing choir and therefore may select people based on their interest in performing for various types of public events.
Social nights are organised on a regular basis. Our members are a lively bunch and like nothing more than a post rehearsal drink or a night out on the town! We are a very friendly and warm gang and like to make everyone that walks through our doors feel welcome. Harmania is a great way to meet new people and make lifelong friends.
We have three 12 week terms in the year and rehearse weekly on Mondays from 8 – 10pm.
Fees are paid by the term. ( Please see application form for fees)
Come to your first rehearsal committment free. If you like what we do then you are asked to pay on the night to secure your place. If not, then you lose nothing ! See our videos to get an idea of the material that we are doing.
WHAT YOU GET:
* 12 week membership
* Professional tuition and guidence in vocal technique and vocal health.
* Original arrangements of songs from a variety of genres.
* Performance opportunites in concerts, gigs and festivals.
* The opportunity to take part in professional videos and studio recording time.
* Access to our private Facebook group where rehearsal notes and audio files are shared.
* Access to our membership area on our website.
* First refusal for membership for the following term.
Please fill out our application form
We will be in touch as soon as a place becomes available for you to join the choir.